Art Work ...
For best results please follow these guidelines while submitting artwork.
- AI (Adobe Illustrator) - the best file type. Logo is very clean and can be easily modified to print product.
- EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) - These are the most universal files. Usually created in Adobe Illustrator, and can be exported and modified easily.
- PSD (Adobe PhotoShop) - used for more photographic type pictures. (e.g. A picture of water).
- CDR (CorelDraw) - Also the best file type as the logo is very clean and can be easily modified to print product.
- TIF (TIFF) & PDF - high resolution format that is usually accepted, but art can not be modified if changes are required.
- All files must be submitted as 300 dpi NOT 72 dpi (as in items from the internet).
- *NOTE: low resolution formats such as JPG, GIF & BMP are OK for web work, printing documents and embossing, however they are not clean enough to print art.
- **NOTE: artwork from phone apps are not acceptable as they do not work with proper formats for printing.
- ***NOTE: IMAGES TAKEN FROM THE INTERNET ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE DUE TO SIZE AND POSSIBLE COPYRITE INFRINGEMENTS.
The ideal art file:
An EPS file with:
- All text converted to paths, curves or outlines. If they are not converted when the printer receives the file, the fonts will be substituted if they don't have that specific font on file. The artwork needs to be modified, include the font file used. When fonts are converted to curves it is no longer TEXT; it is a series of curves and makes it difficult to change.
- Colour separated art with PMS Numbers. If the artwork is 4 colour process, please make sure colours have been converted to CMYK.
- Art in this format MUST be created in Adobe Illustrator. TIF, JPG, GIF & BMP art saved files are still low resolution (not clean enough for print) and can not be modified.
A high resolution PDF or TIF - These files types store the information in such a way that it will be the same no matter which software is viewing it. This is your "artwork proof" so that the artist creating the EPS or AI files knows what they should see. (EPDS & AI files can appear differently on different computers if not saved with all the proper information).